Completion of the Mont-Tremblant Westin Resort, a condo-hotel project delivered ahead of schedule, was made possible thanks to an outstanding team of individuals that helped our client save on costs. Construction of this 120-unithotel was carried out while the Mont-Tremblant Resort Village was fully operational—a tremendous success for Cogela and the team assigned to the project.
Summary of achievements
- Construction of a 5-star hotel in the heart of the Mont-Tremblant Resort Village
- Rock excavation—to create 4-story parking garage
- 126 units, nine stories, concrete structure
- 4-story underground parking garage builtright into the rock foundation
- Wood, concrete and steel structure
- Major excavation work carried out at the heart of the Intrawest Village, which remained fully operational during a busy tourist season
- Additional project complexity of executing work in close proximity to existing buildings—Cogela had to link indoor parking spaces
- This large-scale project was completed with collaboration from the entire project team to maximize savings based on value engineering studies. Ultimately, Cogela helped the client save over $2M in construction costs.
Project location: Mont-Tremblant Resort Village
Project carried out: 1999-2000
Contract provider: Intrawest
Type of contract: fixed price/value engineering
Architect: DCYSM – Bruno St.-Jean, architect